WooTSwaP/CraPSwaP Forum Index

WooTSwaP/CraPSwaP
THE place where owning too much crap is a good thing.
Come trade unwanted techstuff, electronic stuff or your impulse purchases.
You can beg for a woot cap, a t-shirt, or even a screaming monkey!
NEWS:
Reply to topic
Swap Posting "Rules"
gimmaroon
Site admin & butt kicker

:

Items
Um, rules? There really weren't any, till this point, anyway.

We do prefer that postings are geared towards swaps.

What you and another member decide upon as a fair exchange on your own, is your business, but please, don't post straight sales in the swap forum. Any "swap" for "dead presidents" should be discussed via e-mail or pm. Just post to the person's thread, so they're aware of the order in which people have declared interest, but don't include $ amounts.

Also, offering "credit/gift cards" takes things to a different level than the sort of environment we want to create. We're feeling our way through the implementation of this concept and will make changes accordingly, as things develop, so we hope you'll bear with us. Wink

It's up to you to decide whether to post all your crap in one thread or separate threads. Please private message one of us when all deals in a thread have been completed, thus ready to be moved to the "Done Deals" forum.

You can start your own threads in all forums, except 411. Please post only threads containing items in the Swap Forums. Discussions go elsewhere. You can also start polls , but keep them tasteful. Wink

Items do not need to be from woot.com. This site started as a way to trade unwanted items purchased on woot or received in BOCs, thus the frequent references. We welcome the swapping of things from anywhere.

Behave. We do want to be aware of problems, so IF there is a poster with whom you've had an issue, we do ask that you inform us, if it's in the best interest of the community. Any poster, whom admin deem to be legitimately impacting the community in a negative way, will have their account suspended. We have never been heavy handed and do not want to start.

Check this post for occasional updates, as the forum morphs.
Most recent update:

Last edited by gimmaroon on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:43 am; edited 17 times in total

full of much crap

:

Items
oh yeah, i just noticed the pizza hut card thread is gone. i missed the conversation on that one (slept in today). what developed there that caused the rule change?

and the shoulder holster is gone too.

man, sleep for a couple hours and you miss out on everything.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
gimmaroon
Site admin & butt kicker

:

Items
Hey AGP. I moved those two threads to the "Done Deals" Forum...check ther to see what developed. We can pursue those deals further, but privately.

gimmaroon
Site admin & butt kicker

:

Items
...and if anyone comes here with thoughts of Wenzeling someone, you might want to read this thread from Pirate4x4, and then rethink things.. Shocked

in search of...

:

Items
I now have a favorite thread. That is the best!!!
gimmaroon
Site admin & butt kicker

:

Items
Gumbo Steve wrote:
I now have a favorite thread. That is the best!!!

Embarassed I actually read the WHOLE damn thread and all the spin-offs when I was recently sick. Crazy stuff, huh??? Too bad wiki removed the "Wenzeled" entry. Evil or Very Mad

gimmaroon
Site admin & butt kicker

:

Items
gimmaroon wrote:
...and if anyone comes here with thoughts of Wenzeling someone, you might want to read this thread from Pirate4x4, and then rethink things.. Shocked

Bumping the "Rules" back to the top of this forum.

...and bumping the Wenzeled thread info, for anyone who really has some time to kill. You never know the capabilities and connections of those who surround you in online forums, heh heh.

gimmaroon
Site admin & butt kicker

:

Items
There are a large quantity of threads that have been inactive or that have zero replies. We won't delete anyone's thread without permission, but if one of the dormant ones is yours, could you please post an update on the status of it?

It's not a problem to leave it in the active forum, since ya' never know who might wander in and be the ideal partner for your deal. We just want to check and see if any need to be moved.

As you'll see, I've randomly bumped a few...just to sorta' see what happens, heh heh. Shocked Feel free to bump your own, to indicate it's active, even if it's not one of the older ones.

Your help is appreciated.

in search of...

:

Items
How does one move a post to the "Done Deals" forum?
coffeenogrumpy
grand poo bah

:

Items
RubinCompServ wrote:

if gimmaroon hasn't already moved it.. than i will.
glad you had a successfull swap! woot
gimmaroon
Site admin & butt kicker

:

Items
coffeenogrumpy wrote:
RubinCompServ wrote:

if gimmaroon hasn't already moved it.. than i will.
glad you had a successfull swap! woot

Cng, I did, a whle back. Going to bed , now. Shocked

answer: Just post in the thread that it can be moved to Done Deals.

Last edited by gimmaroon on Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

ccanni1028
Moderator/Tech. Advisor

:

Items
gimmaroon wrote:

That's just messed up. I have read through page 8 already, and plan to keep reading when I have time.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Re: Wenzeling
gimmaroon
Site admin & butt kicker

:

Items
ccanni1028 wrote:
gimmaroon wrote:

That's just messed up. I have read through page 8 already, and plan to keep reading when I have time.

Yeah, people offered everything from free legal services to beating the crap out of him and his truck, even ruining his family, just for "producing" him!

In a community (obviously, 4x4 is huge) where people have to trust one another and give out personal info, people react differently. It's not like flaming or screwing w/ someone on a commercial site like woot, where everyone is anonymous.

I couldn't believe I read the whole thread and the spin offs where Wenzel just couldn't put down the shovel, but I was sick and bored and it was an entertaining read, hehe. Embarassed

gimmaroon
Site admin & butt kicker

:

Items
Bumping:
Please, read the first post of this thread, prior to starting your own swap threads.

Otherwise, you will find your posting to be edited by admin, followed by a post like:

gimmaroon wrote:
Please take a moment to read the swap rules, as per the above post. Very Happy It's not a big deal, but we prefer that any "swap" for "dead presidents" be discussed via e-mail or pm. Just post to the person's thread, so they're aware of the order in which people have declared interest, but don't include $ amounts.

We don't want to be aware of the details of financial transactions. This community has, so far, required little moderation and intervention, on our part...we'd like to keep it that way.
Thanks for joining us!